Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar Part II

A Beautiful Mind continues to highlight the historic context of John Nash's achievements. As I continue to read this book, it becomes increasingly difficult to read because it was not exactly what I was expecting. Although I was aware that it was a biography of John Forbes Nash, Jr., I was not aware that the book would be totally based on facts and history. However, that's how it seems to be. I don't like that style very much. I am more interested in books that have a more clear storyline. I see where this book is going though, and I have learned a lot. Through the accounts of people that actually knew Nash, I could tell that he was an awkward person. I'm also very intrigued by how he got to where he did: Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics. It's interesting to learn about his life, but also boring. I plan to stick with it though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home