Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini Part 3

Now that Craig is in the hospital, he has to learn the ways of the hospital. The hospital, he finds, is just like any other institution in life--you have to roll with the right people to get what you want. Right away, Craig finds himself in a good position, but by the end of the day, he realizes that this place is not so ordinary. He introduced to the various crazy and mysterious characters that occupy the place, and for once, he is not so average. I found that the craziness of the new characters and the place in general was a bit overwhelming at first. I didn't really understand what was going on at one point. It was only until later that I understood what had happened before. Overall, the book is going well, but not so interesting to me. There are some profound quotes I see that I really understand and feel for, but other times, the situation is just not all that relatable. I found this one passage very profound, though:
"Dad nods, looks me dead in the eyes; slowly and regretfully, he banishes all the smiling and joking from his face, and for once he's just my dad, watching his son who has fallen so low."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home