Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini Part 1

Have you ever read a book solely based on it's title? Well, quite honestly, that's one of the biggest reasons I chose to read Ned Vizzini's It's Kind of a Funny Story. I've always been enamored by the titles of books and movies. My experience has always been that the most interesting titles turn out to be the most thought-provoking and I love books and movies that make you take a look around and think. Of course, there are some exceptions, but hopefully this book will satisfy.

It's Kind of a Funny Story follows the story of Craig Gilner, a teenager who strives for simplicty, but has some mental problems. He goes to a psychologist who already understands his odd terminology and his desire to be alone to experience the simplicity that seems to be nonexistant in other surroundings. I'm way too early in the book to know that much about Craig and the plot, but so far I've really enjoyed Craig's narration and his odd ways.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home