Thursday, April 8, 2010

Special Blog: Genre Plans

It's that time of the week! However, this week is a little more special than usual as the 3rd quarter comes to a close and the heat turns up. This quarter consisted of some good reading, although not as much as I had hoped. The genre that I have left for the 4th quarter, I believe, is a classic book having read a mystery book this quarter. This quarter, I chose a different path than I usually do. Rather than the realistic fiction like Sarah Dessen and Jodi Picoult I usually go for, I opted for an even more realistic genre: non-fiction. By reading books like Freakonomics, Superfreakonomics and The Tipping Point, I think that I'm really expanding my knowledge and having a fantastic time while doing. It's some really intriguing stuff that just might help in my day-to-day life. This quarter, I read the aforementioned Superfreakonomics, The Tipping Point as well as Angels & Demons (which also slightly strayed from the well trodden path) and I have to say, all these books were phenomenal. I am in the process of reading Talent is Overrated and I also got through A Crowd of One.
I really can't pick one book as my favorite. Honestly, they were all REALLY good. However, I will give out three(3) awards to showcase the versatility of my 3rd quarter reading:

The Best Vatican City Thriller Award goes to...Angels & Demons!
The Best Explanation of the Components of Trends goes to...The Tipping Point!
The Best Portmanteau Word goes to...Superfreakonomics!

AG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home